Whirligig




My head is spinning today, I'm a whirligig of the dreaded big dark creeping through the night thoughts. If I'm honest, I want to hide under the duvet, which honestly again, I'll probably do for a bit later.

But I will try the garden first. I trust it to offer me something. If nothing else, I'll be outside, I'll have moved and my scandi side tells me this in itself will help.

It's a little chillier today and it takes a herculean effort. It's one of those lovely September days that requires a jumper and sunglasses, because the sun is there, streaming into my little green world. It is there! It takes me a while to step outside, I'm a bit slow on days like these and I'm jam-packed full of self-loathing for not grabbing this precious day.

Nevertheless here I am and I want to try and make today OK or at least to be able to tell myself I've done something worthwhile.

I decide to pick some of the late flowering big yellow daisies, I've just looked them up, they are Rudbekia's and they are ruddy lovely. I'm going to mix them with some other colourful bits I find in the garden.

When you aren't a professional gardener, quite a few of our herbs run on and flower - the bees like it and so do we, but I'm prob meant to gather them in before this happens. There are some, so very pretty fury purple flowers on top of the mint, it smells delicious and the oregano has sweet little pink flowers. The rocket has grown some delicate yellow flowers and the big orange flowers in my edible salad mix are bold and bright. I add some rosemary in today, no flowers there, but the smell is just what I need today - a little bit medicinal and soothing.



It lifts my mood and all together it makes for a pretty little posy. I think I will smile today. Little Skye cat joins me and we team up. She makes me giggle as she launches full pelt at a fallen stem, which soon escalates into let's chase each other around the garden.

After a while I go in and arrange my cheery little offering , I carry them up to my little writing bureau, where they sit now as I'm typing, it will brighten today's work up no end. They remind me, that today I tried and do you know what, I've made something beautiful.

Tremendous day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning glory

Timmy Toms