Maelstrom

The weather has been just shocking. Rain and the wildest of winds - enough to send my new potted willow tree half way down the garden, scattering it's pretty shades of grey pebbles (not those shades of grey) skyward; raining down like confetti whipped up in a mini garden maelstrom.



I exaggerate a little bit, by maelstrom I mean that a few stones were flung across the garden but watching them tumble and turn in their tumult made me feel all the cosier, sat as I was in the safety of the kitchen.

Still, it had to be rescued so I popped on my bright yellow sailors mac - you can't miss me in that, I'm a beacon of barminess in it, but I love it. My requirement at the time, was that I wanted to look like a fisherman. Don't ask me why, I was in Cornwall at the time and it was all stripey tops, denim, jute bags and the aforementioned jacket. By this you can tell that I can commit to a look. And it was strong. Very strong.

Back to the garden and said willow tree was put back in it's pretty terracotta pot, stones re-established. It sits next to the tub full of lavender and as  I pinched a flower before I dashed back inside, I thought that this weekend, I should have a mini lavender harvest and make stuff. What stuff exactly has yet to be decided. But it's still a bit miserable so my friend Google will surely help me out.

Yep, the rain my be hammering down, but I'm still having my brekkie outside, just under a brolley. The garden still has many pleasures and yesterday I looked up to the sky and there it was - a double rainbow, that has to be a good sign doesn't it.

Plum x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning glory

Timmy Toms

Whirligig